Like I said…. How can I mess up tacos?!
Take a little of this…
Add some ground beef, cheese, lettuce…. And you’ve got some pretty easy – yummy – tacos!!
I warmed up a can of refried beans with shredded cheese in the microwave and made the box of Spanish rice (above) in my microwaveable rice cooker from Avon.
I used my very handy Braum’s Ice Cream scoop to chop up avocado:
And my super cool new kitchen gadget:
I used it to slice my grape tomatoes. I can’t wait to use it for Little Mans grapes. 😊
Dinner was yummy!
I even used paper plates to make cleanup a snap!
Hi ya’ll!! Today was a very awesome day! Why, you ask? Because it’s TACO TUESDAY BABY!! On this 6th day of my social media challenge, Tuesday December 2nd, I am thankful for #TacoTuesdayBaby – also #yummy! 🙂
Every Tuesday for the last few years, my family has pretty much eaten the same thing every Tuesday. Unless I was sick or tending to a sick kiddo or some other craziness happened, I went and picked up Taco Tuesday!! It has become a ritual in my home that I really love.
It started with a few Tuesday’s here and there because it was inexpensive, tasty and easy. Then it just became…a thing. Then when I had little man it also became a ritual that the MIL (the Misters mommy) came over every Tuesday to visit her newest grandbaby. I started picking up tacos for her too. Now, I really look forward to Tuesday nights and here is why:
- TacoCat is spelled the same backwards. 🙂 Ok…so that isn’t one of the reasons, but it is still some
useful useless knowledge that you may need some day! 😉
- Tacos are yummy and there are sooooooooo many options!! Corn or flour tortillas? Beef, chicken, carnitas, veggie…blah blah blah? Lettuce? Tomato? Cheese? (duh.) Sour cream? Guacamole? Or do you like street tacos with onions and cilantro? #yummy!!
- All 3 of my kids sit around the table with the MIL and we always have good conversation. Nothing can beat that. 🙂
- I am teaching my children the value of spending time together.
- Lots o’ food for NOT lots o’ money!
It’s a total #WinWin.
Today was an easy pick for what I’m thankful for! I’ve known ever since I started my challenge what I would be thankful for the very first Tuesday. 🙂
I can’t wait to hear/read/see your posts!! If you guys play along on any social media sites please use the hashtag: #365smc That way I can follow along all year and give you guys some shout outs!!
Here is the link to my YouTube channel: Cat’s YouTube Channel: Obliviously Awesome – Go find the Day 6 video and let me know what ya think!!! 🙂
Here is where you can find me:
See ya’ll tomorrow! 😀
Love ya lots, like tator tots!!