Hello and welcome to another issue of my blog! Just as a reminder I have 4 kinds of blogs and you can find out all about them at the bottom of this post. 🙂
This post is for my medical billing series. Whether you are in the medical industry or not, this post IS FOR YOU!! Everyone visits doctors – either because they are sick are trying to prevent sickness. Either way, this series is to help you understand the crazy world of medical billing. I will be posting on everything from billing terminology to crazy diagnosis codes.
Today, I am discussing something that many people do not understand – Allowed Amount. What does this mean?
If you read my post, How to Read Your Medical Bills – Is it Even a Bill? then you may already understand what this means. (And if you haven’t read it, you should grab a cup of tea – or coffee if you aren’t allergic to the bean like me,☹ find a comfy spot and read it.)
However, whether you have read it or not, I Continue reading
**November Daily Blog Self-Challenge**
Friday, November 1st, 2013 (Better late than never?!)
To begin my challenge I thought it would be nice to do a post about the things I am thankful for – since this is the month that lots of people celebrate the very same. Everything that I am thankful for also makes me very happy – so I decided to take inspiration from this great little book I found at the Half Price Bookstore.
Every now and then when I am having a rough day I pick up this book and go to a random page and find something new to be thankful for. Some days it gets really funny… like on page 546 when it says “kitties licking” and “blue light bulbs”…sure I guess those things might make someone happy. What makes my day is when I flip open to things like on page 209 – “low, rolling thunder in late fall” and “extra kisses” on page 208. 🙂
While flitting through Google to find other bits of happiness I came across the neatest little website. http://www.thingstobehappyabout.com/ Apparently, this website took motivation from the same book and started a website where others can leave things that make them happy that aren’t already on the list. (What a BRILLIANT idea!) As of today it lists 146,047 things to be happy about!!
There is also a special link for kids to find something to be happy about too! Things like “earning a scholarship”, “asking about someone’s day and caring about the answer”, and “biking undisturbed by thought”. What lovely ideas!
Take a moment and check out the site – it might make your day.
I’m going to leave you with 30 things that make me happy.
- My first will just be my life. This is all inclusive of my family, friends and everything and everyone that makes me…me. The next 29 things will be things that I have picked from the book that this blog post is titled for. I hope you enjoy. 🙂
- “a new canvas” – I have a new love for painting and I really enjoy starting with a new blank canvas and making it what I want.
- “sexy music” – I love, love, love me some saxophone.
- “leaves becoming a restless golden drift, a wine-red flurry in the wind” – I absolutely love Fall and this little ditty makes me want to sit in the falling leaves and write a poem about why it makes me happy.
- “strawberry champagne” – yum. Just yum.
- “peaceful countryside” – nothing sweeter on a Fall afternoon than a drive down a country road.
- “Thanksgiving dinners” – my absolute favorite day of the year to eat. everything. in. sight. Period.
- “hearthside” – could be very romantic or just relaxing with a good book and a glass of wine.
- “a yummy gourmet shop” – yes. I like to eat. 🙂 …and yummy is good.
- “3-D movies” – Love it!! We have a 3D TV at home and we love it! Saves a ton of movie from the theater fees and makes a great – inexpensive date night! 😉
- “Coca-Cola commercials” – Yes! Just thinking about it makes me want a coke right now – and I’m a Dr. Pepper kinda gal!
- “the purr of a kitten” – I am allergic, but I love kitties! I would have one tomorrow if the Mister would let me!
- “opening a nearby window to let in sounds and smells of spring” – I’m all about the nature. Good tunes and a nice breeze and sounds of nature – nice afternoon.
- “fresh flowers at work” – or anywhere for that matter. I’m actually considering to add buying fresh flowers for the kitchen every week to my to-do list!
- “pre-Christmas hustle and bustle” – I know lots of people hate it…but I love it! There is just enough people left in the world that enjoy the Spirit of Christmas that makes me feel all jolly. 🙂
- “the color, scent, and deliciousness of strawberries” – they can be used for so many things.
- “the sweet and simple indulgence of an afternoon nap” – especially outdoors!
- “watching it snow” – nothing else need be said about that.
- “tickling and silly songs and cookies and hot chocolate in bed” – just a lovely way to make memories.
- “the perfect outdoor café where you can hang out with a newspaper, sip, nibble, people-watch” – I don’t really have one of these that I know of – but I can’t wait to find one. 🙂
- “this thing called love” – indeed.
- “accepting a compliment” – and really mean it when you accept it.
- “places to go antiquing” – especially the ones with little tea rooms.
- “gentlemen rising when a lady enters or leaves a room” – doesn’t happen much anymore
- “recreation and leisure” – all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy…and that is just no fun.
- “A word to the wise is sufficient” – makes me happy and is a lovely piece of advice!!
- “your best friend and a good bottle of wine” – yes ma’am!
- “not just seizing the day but making the day” – absolutely!
- “your signature” – who doesn’t practice to make their signature the best?
- “photographing children” – seriously the most fun
And that is just a tiny little bit of what makes me happy…there is oh so much more!!
I challenge you to come up with your own list of 30 random things to be happy about and thankful for and link back to this post so your friends and followers can do it too. When you look for those small things in life it just perks you up.
I wish you all a lovely day! 🙂
It is 3:55 am and I have to be up at 6:30 so I’m hopping in bed for a little nappy poo. After the kids are up and off to school I’ll hop on and get my other blogs on here to catch up to my challenge.